of Hebrew origin; the first letter of the alphabet; figuratively, only (from its use as a numeral) the first: --Alpha. Often used (usually an, before a vowel) also in composition (as a contraction from G427) in the sense of privation; so, in many words, beginning with this letter; occasionally in the sense of union (as a contraction of G260).
- first letter of Greek alphabet
- Christ is the Alpha to indicate that he is the beginning and the end
Strong's Number G1 Bible Verses
Proper Name Masculine
of Hebrew origin (H11); a destroying angel:--Abaddon.
Abaddon = "destruction"
- the place of destruction
- the name of the angel-prince of the infernal regions, the minister of death and the author of havoc on the earth
Strong's Number G3 Bible Verses
of Chaldee origin (H2); father as a vocative:--Abba.
Abba = "father"
- father, customary title used of God in prayer. Whenever it occurs in the New Testament it has the Greek interpretation joined to it, that is apparently to be explained by the fact that the Chaldee "ABBA" through frequent use in prayer, gradually acquired the nature of a most sacred proper name, to which the Greek speaking Jews added the name from their own tongue.
Strong's Number G5 Bible Verses
Proper Name Masculine
of Hebrew origin (H29); Abijah, the name of two Israelites:--Abia.
Abijah = "my father is Jah (Jehovah)"
- a priest, the head of a priestly family from whom when David divided the priests into 24 classes, Abia was the 8th order
- son and successor to Rehoboam on the throne of Judah
Strong's Number G7 Bible Verses
Proper Name Location
of foreign origin (compare H58); Abilene, a region of Syria:--Abilene.
Abilene = "grassy meadow"
- a region of Syria between Lebanon and Hermon towards Phoenicia, 18 miles (29 km) from Damascus and 37 miles (60 km) from Heliopolis
Strong's Number G9 Bible Verses
a primitive word; father, in a literal and immediate, or figurative and remote application):--chief, (fore-)father(-less), × patrimony, principal. Compare names in "Abi-".
- father of an individual
- of God as father of his people
- head or founder of a household, group, family, or clan
- grandfather, forefathers -- of person
- of people
- originator or patron of a class, profession, or art
- of producer, generator (fig.)
- of benevolence and protection (fig.)
- term of respect and honour
- ruler or chief (spec.)
Strong's Number H1 Bible Verses
Proper Name Masculine
of foreign origin; Abagtha, a eunuch of Xerxes:--Abagtha.
Abagtha = "God-given"
- one of the seven eunuchs in the Persian court of Ahasuerus
Strong's Number H5 Bible Verses
a primitive root; properly, to wander away, i.e. lose oneself; by implication to perish (causative, destroy):--break, destroy(- uction), + not escape, fail, lose, (cause to, make) perish, spend, × and surely, take, be undone, × utterly, be void of, have no way to flee.
- perish, vanish, go astray, be destroyed
- perish, die, be exterminated
- perish, vanish (fig.)
- be lost, strayed
- to destroy, kill, cause to perish, to give up (as lost), exterminate
- to blot out, do away with, cause to vanish, (fig.)
- cause to stray, lose
- to destroy, put to death 1c
- of divine judgment
- object name of kings (fig.)
Strong's Number H6 Bible Verses
from G1 (as a negative particle) and a variation of G1037; depthless, i.e. (specially) (infernal) "abyss":--deep, (bottomless) pit.
- the abyss
- the pit
- the immeasurable depth
- of Orcus, a very deep gulf or chasm in the lowest parts of the earth used as the common receptacle of the dead and especially as the abode of demons
Strong's Number G12 Bible Verses
from agan (much) and achthos (grief; akin to the base of G43); to be greatly afflicted, i.e. (figuratively) indignant:--be much (sore) displeased, have (be moved with, with) indignation.
- to be indignant, moved with indignation, be very displeased
Strong's Number G23 Bible Verses
perhaps from agan (much) (or compare G5689); to love (in a social or moral sense):--(be-)love(-ed). Compare G5368.
- of persons
- to welcome, to entertain, to be fond of, to love dearly
- of things
- to be well pleased, to be contented at or with a thing
Strong's Number G25 Bible Verses
from G40; to make holy, i.e. (ceremonially) purify or consecrate; (mentally) to venerate:--hallow, be holy, sanctify.
- to render or acknowledge, or to be venerable or hallow
- to separate from profane things and dedicate to God
- consecrate things to God
- dedicate people to God
- to purify
- to cleanse externally
- to purify by expiation: free from the guilt of sin
- to purify internally by renewing of the soul
Strong's Number G37 Bible Verses
neuter of G40; a sacred thing (i.e. spot):--holiest (of all), holy place, sanctuary.
- reverend, worthy of veneration
- of things which on account of some connection with God possess a certain distinction and claim to reverence, as places sacred to God which are not to be profaned
- of persons whose services God employs, for example, apostles
- set apart for God, to be as it were, exclusively his
- services and offerings
- prepared for God with solemn rite, pure, clean
- in a moral sense, pure sinless upright holy
Strong's Number G39 Bible Verses
from agkos (a bend, "ache"); an arm (as curved):--arm.
- the curve or inner angle of the arm, the bent arm
- anything closely enfolding, as the arms of the sea, etc.
Strong's Number G43 Bible Verses
from G1 (as a negative particle) and G3539; not to know (through lack of information or intelligence); by implication, to ignore (through disinclination):--(be) ignorant(-ly), not know, not understand, unknown.
- to be ignorant, not to know
- not to understand, unknown
- to err or sin through mistake, to be wrong
Strong's Number G50 Bible Verses
- unknown, forgotten
Strong's Number G57 Bible Verses
from ageiro (to gather; probably akin to G1453); properly, the town-square (as a place of public resort); by implication, a market or thoroughfare:--market(-place), street.
- any assembly, especially of the people
- the place of assembly
- for public debating,
- for elections
- for trials
- for buying and selling
- for all kinds of business
- market place, street
Strong's Number G58 Bible Verses
from G58; relating to the market-place, i.e. forensic (times); by implication, vulgar:--baser sort, low.
- in, of or belonging to the market place
- frequenting the market place
- hucksters, petty traffickers, retail dealers
- idlers, loungers, the common sort, low, mean vulgar
- generally, proper to the assembly, suited to forensic speaking, business-like transactions
Strong's Number G60 Bible Verses
from G68; wild (as pertaining to the country), literally (natural) or figuratively (fierce):--wild, raging.
- living or growing in the fields or woods
- of animals, wild, savage
- of countries, wild, uncultivated, unreclaimed
- of men and animals in a moral sense, wild savage, fierce
- boorish, rude
- of any violent passion, vehement, furious
Strong's Number G66 Bible Verses
from G71; a field (as a drive for cattle); genitive case, the country; specially, a farm, i.e. hamlet:--country, farm, piece of ground, land.
- the field, the country
- a piece of land, bit of tillage
- the farms, country seats, neighbouring hamlets
Strong's Number G68 Bible Verses
a primary verb; properly, to lead; by implication, to bring, drive, (reflexively) go, (specially) pass (time), or (figuratively) induce:--be, bring (forth), carry, (let) go, keep, lead away, be open.
- to lead, take with one
- to lead by laying hold of, and this way to bring to the point of destination: of an animal
- to lead by accompanying to (into) a place
- to lead with one's self, attach to one's self as an attendant
- to conduct, bring
- to lead away, to a court of justice, magistrate, etc.
- to lead,
- to lead, guide, direct
- to lead through, conduct to: to something
- to move, impel: of forces and influences on the mind
- to pass a day, keep or celebrate a feast, etc.
- to go, depart
Strong's Number G71 Bible Verses
from G71; properly, a place of assembly (as if led), i.e. (by implication) a contest (held there); figuratively, an effort or anxiety:--conflict, contention, fight, race.
- an assembly,
- a place of assembly: especially an assembly met to see games
- the place of contest, the arena or stadium
- the assembly of the Greeks at their national games
- hence the contest for a prize at their games
- generally, any struggle or contest
- a battle
- an action at law, trial
Strong's Number G73 Bible Verses
from G73; to struggle, literally (to compete for a prize), figuratively (to contend with an adversary), or genitive case (to endeavor to accomplish something):--fight, labor fervently, strive.
- to enter a contest: contend in the gymnastic games
- to contend with adversaries, fight
- metaph. to contend, struggle, with difficulties and dangers
- to endeavour with strenuous zeal, strive: to obtain something
Strong's Number G75 Bible Verses
from G1 (as a connective particle) and delphus (the womb); a brother (literally or figuratively) near or remote (much like G1):--brother.
- a brother, whether born of the same two parents or only of the same father or mother
- having the same national ancestor, belonging to the same people, or countryman
- any fellow or man
- a fellow believer, united to another by the bond of affection
- an associate in employment or office
- brethren in Christ
- his brothers by blood
- all men
- Christians, as those who are exalted to the same heavenly place
Strong's Number G80 Bible Verses
from a derivative of adeo (to be sated to loathing); to be in distress (of mind):--be full of heaviness, be very heavy.
- to be troubled, great distress or anguish, depressed
Strong's Number G85 Bible Verses
from G1 (as negative particle) and G1492; properly, unseen, i.e. "Hades" or the place (state) of departed souls:--grave, hell.
- name Hades or Pluto, the god of the lower regions
- Orcus, the nether world, the realm of the dead
- later use of this word: the grave, death, hell
Strong's Number G86 Bible Verses
from G94; to be unjust, i.e. (actively) do wrong (morally, socially or physically):--hurt, injure, be an offender, be unjust, (do, suffer, take) wrong.
- to act unjustly or wickedly, to sin,
- to be a criminal, to have violated the laws in some way
- to do wrong
- to do hurt
- to do some wrong or sin in some respect
- to wrong some one, act wickedly towards him
- to hurt, damage, harm
Strong's Number G91 Bible Verses
noun (6117)strong's greek lexicon (5523)greek (5523)hebrew (5398)strong's hebrew lexicon (5394)masculine (4632)verb (3465)proper name (2686)feminine (2371)adjective (1307)location (812)aramaic (653)neuter (453)adverb (321)up (280)out (227)down (179)away (172)ye (133)things (130)more...