of Chaldee origin (H2); father as a vocative:--Abba.
Abba = "father"
- father, customary title used of God in prayer. Whenever it occurs in the New Testament it has the Greek interpretation joined to it, that is apparently to be explained by the fact that the Chaldee "ABBA" through frequent use in prayer, gradually acquired the nature of a most sacred proper name, to which the Greek speaking Jews added the name from their own tongue.
Strong's Number G5 Bible Verses
a primitive word; father, in a literal and immediate, or figurative and remote application):--chief, (fore-)father(-less), × patrimony, principal. Compare names in "Abi-".
- father of an individual
- of God as father of his people
- head or founder of a household, group, family, or clan
- grandfather, forefathers -- of person
- of people
- originator or patron of a class, profession, or art
- of producer, generator (fig.)
- of benevolence and protection (fig.)
- term of respect and honour
- ruler or chief (spec.)
Strong's Number H1 Bible Verses
from G1 (as a negative particle) and a variation of G1037; depthless, i.e. (specially) (infernal) "abyss":--deep, (bottomless) pit.
- the abyss
- the pit
- the immeasurable depth
- of Orcus, a very deep gulf or chasm in the lowest parts of the earth used as the common receptacle of the dead and especially as the abode of demons
Strong's Number G12 Bible Verses
from agkos (a bend, "ache"); an arm (as curved):--arm.
- the curve or inner angle of the arm, the bent arm
- anything closely enfolding, as the arms of the sea, etc.
Strong's Number G43 Bible Verses
from ageiro (to gather; probably akin to G1453); properly, the town-square (as a place of public resort); by implication, a market or thoroughfare:--market(-place), street.
- any assembly, especially of the people
- the place of assembly
- for public debating,
- for elections
- for trials
- for buying and selling
- for all kinds of business
- market place, street
Strong's Number G58 Bible Verses
from G71; a field (as a drive for cattle); genitive case, the country; specially, a farm, i.e. hamlet:--country, farm, piece of ground, land.
- the field, the country
- a piece of land, bit of tillage
- the farms, country seats, neighbouring hamlets
Strong's Number G68 Bible Verses
from G71; properly, a place of assembly (as if led), i.e. (by implication) a contest (held there); figuratively, an effort or anxiety:--conflict, contention, fight, race.
- an assembly,
- a place of assembly: especially an assembly met to see games
- the place of contest, the arena or stadium
- the assembly of the Greeks at their national games
- hence the contest for a prize at their games
- generally, any struggle or contest
- a battle
- an action at law, trial
Strong's Number G73 Bible Verses
from G1 (as a connective particle) and delphus (the womb); a brother (literally or figuratively) near or remote (much like G1):--brother.
- a brother, whether born of the same two parents or only of the same father or mother
- having the same national ancestor, belonging to the same people, or countryman
- any fellow or man
- a fellow believer, united to another by the bond of affection
- an associate in employment or office
- brethren in Christ
- his brothers by blood
- all men
- Christians, as those who are exalted to the same heavenly place
Strong's Number G80 Bible Verses
from G1 (as negative particle) and G1492; properly, unseen, i.e. "Hades" or the place (state) of departed souls:--grave, hell.
- name Hades or Pluto, the god of the lower regions
- Orcus, the nether world, the realm of the dead
- later use of this word: the grave, death, hell
Strong's Number G86 Bible Verses
from G94; (legal) injustice (properly, the quality, by implication, the act); morally, wrongfulness (of character, life or act):--iniquity, unjust, unrighteousness, wrong.
- injustice, of a judge
- unrighteousness of heart and life
- a deed violating law and justice, act of unrighteousness
Strong's Number G93 Bible Verses
from Adramutteion (a place in Asia Minor); Adramyttene or belonging to Adramyttium:--of Adramyttium.
Adramyttium = "I shall abide in death"
- Adramyttium, a seaport of Mysia
Strong's Number G98 Bible Verses
from Adria (a place near its shore); the Adriatic sea (including the Ionian):--Adria.
Adriatic = "without wood"
- Adriatic Sea, Adrias, the sea between Greece and Italy
Strong's Number G99 Bible Verses
from an unused root (apparently meaning to turn); brandishing of a sword:--point.
- slaughter, flesh, meat, slaughtered meat
Strong's Number H19 Bible Verses
of uncertain derivation; a melon (only plural):--melon.
- watermelon, Egyptian fruit
Strong's Number H20 Bible Verses
from an unused root (meaning to be tender); green, i.e. a young ear of grain; hence, the name of the month Abib or Nisan:--Abib, ear, green ears of corn (not maize).
- fresh, young barley ears, barley
- month of ear-forming, of greening of crop, of growing green Abib, month of exodus and passover (March or April)
Strong's Number H24 Bible Verses
from an unused root (meaning to be grassy); a meadow:--plain. Compare also the proper names beginning with Abel-.
- meadow (from verb - to grow green, to withstand)
Strong's Number H58 Bible Verses
from the root of H1129 through the meaning to build; a stone:--+ carbuncle, + mason, + plummet, (chalk-, hail-, head-, sling-)stone(-ny), (divers) weight(-s).
- stone (large or small)
- common stone (in natural state)
- stone, as material
- of tablets
- marble, hewn stones
- precious stones, stones of fire
- stones containing metal (ore), tool for work or weapon
- plummet (stones of destruction) also made of metal
- stonelike objects, eg hailstones, stony heart, ice
- sacred object, as memorial Samuel set up to mark where God helped Israel to defeat the Philistines
- sinking in water, motionlessness
- strength, firmness, solidity
- petrified with terror
- perverse, hard heart
Strong's Number H68 Bible Verses
from H68 and H5828 with the article inserted; stone of the help; Eben-ha-Ezer, a place in Palestine:--Ebenezer.
Ebenezer = "stone of help"
- memorial stone erected by Samuel to mark where God helped Israel to defeat the Philistines - north of Jerusalem
Strong's Number H72 Bible Verses
of uncertain derivation; a belt:--girdle.
- girdle, sash, waistband
- of high priest
- of other priests
- of high official
Strong's Number H73 Bible Verses
(by reduplication) from an unused root (meaning to belch forth); an inflammatory pustule (as eruption):--blains.
- blisters, boils (from root, to swell up)
Strong's Number H76 Bible Verses
feminine passive participle of an unused root (meaning to bind); a band, bundle, knot, or arch:--bunch, burden, troop.
- band, binding
- cords, bands, thongs (metaphorical of slavery)
- bunch of hyssop
- band of men, troops
- vault (of the heavens), firmament (binding earth to the heavens)
Strong's Number H92 Bible Verses
prob of Persian origin; a nut:--nut.
Strong's Number H93 Bible Verses
from an unused root (meaning to flow down or together as drops); a reservoir:--drop.
- drop, reserve supply, collections, stores
Strong's Number H96 Bible Verses
from an unused root (meaning to collect as water); a marsh; hence a rush (as growing in swamps); hence a stockade of reeds:--pond, pool, standing (water).
- pool, troubled pool
- troubled or muddy (gloomy) pools, marshes
- any pool, pond
- swamp reeds, reeds, rush(es)
Strong's Number H98 Bible Verses
from hadros (stout); plumpness, i.e. (figuratively) liberality:--abundance.
- bountiful collection, great abundance
- thickness, ripeness, fulness, esp. of the body
Strong's Number G100 Bible Verses
from aemi (to breathe unconsciously, i.e. respire; by analogy, to blow); "air" (as naturally circumambient):--air. Compare G5594.
- the air, particularly the lower and denser air as distinguished from the higher and rarer air
- the atmospheric region
Strong's Number G109 Bible Verses
plural of Athene (the goddess of wisdom, who was reputed to have founded the city); Athenoe, the capitol of Greece:-- Athens.
Athens = "uncertainty"
- A famous city in Greece, the capital of Attica, and the chief seat of learning and civilisation during the golden period of the history of Greece
Strong's Number G116 Bible Verses
of uncertain derivation:--Ægyptus, the land of the Nile:--Egypt.
Egypt = "double straits"
- a country occupying the northeast angle of Africa
- metaph. Jerusalem, for the Jews persecuting the Christ and his followers, and so to be likened to the Egyptians treating the Jews
Strong's Number G125 Bible Verses
perhaps from G1 (as a negative particle) and G1492 (through the idea of downcast eyes); bashfulness, i.e. (towards men), modesty or (towards God) awe:--reverence, shamefacedness.
- a sense of shame or honour, modesty, bashfulness, reverence, regard for others, respect
Strong's Number G127 Bible Verses
of uncertain derivation; Aeneas, an Israelite:--Aeneas.
Aeneas = "laudable"
- the name of a paralytic cured by Peter at Lydia
Strong's Number G132 Bible Verses
from G138; properly, a choice, i.e. (specially) a party or (abstractly) disunion:--heresy (which is the Greek word itself), sect.
- act of taking, capture: e.g. storming a city
- choosing, choice
- that which is chosen
- a body of men following their own tenets (sect or party)
- of the Sadducees
- of the Pharisees
- of the Christians
- dissensions arising from diversity of opinions and aims
Strong's Number G139 Bible Verses
hebrew (3326)strong's hebrew lexicon (3324)masculine (3173)strong's greek lexicon (2364)greek (2364)feminine (2229)neuter (431)aramaic (344)location (152)proper name (85)place (50)of (43)strength (36)things (35)men (35)places (35)in (33)thing (33)side (33)man (32)more...
destruction (29)up (28)tree (28)time (27)and (27)part (25)work (23)to (23)end (23)out (23)parts (22)branches (22)power (22)sorrow (21)company (21)with (21)offerings (21)meat (21)rest (20)times (20)law (19)children (18)country (18)child (18)corn (18)judgment (18)reward (17)offering (17)day (17)another (17)chains (17)