A windy road in Sedona, Arizona provides the perfect opportunity for a picturesque photo. Ragged red rock juts up into a deep blue sky and Utah Jasper trees hang over the road providing shade for traveling motorists on a warm day.
Bryce Canyon National Park in Utah is full of incredible red sandstone formations and attracts visitors from all over the world who come to experience it by hike or horseback ride.
of uncertain affinity; lonesome, i.e. (by implication) waste (usually as a noun, G5561 being implied):--desert, desolate, solitary, wilderness.
- solitary, lonely, desolate, uninhabited
- used of places
- a desert, wilderness
- deserted places, lonely regions
- an uncultivated region fit for pasturage
- used of persons
- deserted by others
- deprived of the aid and protection of others, especially of friends, acquaintances, kindred
- bereft 1b
- of a flock deserted by the shepherd 1b
- of a woman neglected by her husband, from whom the husband withholds himself
- used of places
Strong's Number G2048 Bible Verses
from H1580; treatment, i.e. an act (of good or ill); by implication, service or requital:--+ as hast served, benefit, desert, deserving, that which he hath given, recompense, reward.
- dealing, recompense, benefit
- dealing (of one's hand)
Strong's Number H1576 Bible Verses
from H1696 in the sense of driving; a pasture (i.e. open field, whither cattle are driven); by implication, a desert; also speech (including its organs):--desert, south, speech, wilderness.
- uninhabited land, wilderness
- large tracts of wilderness (around cities)
- wilderness (fig.)
- mouth (as organ of speech)
Strong's Number H4057 Bible Verses
from H6150 (in the sense of sterility); a desert; especially (with the article prefix) the (generally) sterile valley of the Jordan and its continuation to the Red Sea:--Arabah, champaign, desert, evening, heaven, plain, wilderness. See also H1026.
- desert plain, steppe, desert, wilderness
Strong's Number H6160 Bible Verses
from the same as H6723; a desert-dweller, i.e. nomad or wild beast:--wild beast of the desert, that dwell in (inhabiting) the wilderness.
- a wild beast, desert-dweller, crier, yelper
- a specific wild beast but not certainly identified
Strong's Number H6728 Bible Verses
bible (48)concordance (41)bible verses (41)ot (29)old testament (29)h4057 (25)midbar (25)מִדְבָּר (25)wilderness (21)g2048 (13)eremos (13)ἔρημος (13)nt (12)god (12)new testament (12)jesus (11)christ (11)gospels (11)emmanuel (11)immanuel (11)more...
jesus christ (11)and (10)kai (10)g2532 (10)h6160 (10)isaiah (10)`arabah (10)καί (10)עֲרָבָה (10)eis (9)g846 (9)autos (9)g1519 (9)g5117 (9)place (9)topos (9)εἰς (9)τόπος (9)αὐτός (9)into (8)pentateuch (8)books of moses (8)him (7)came (7)strongs (7)strong's number (7)strong's concordance (7)en (6)go (6)bow' (6)