neuter of G40; a sacred thing (i.e. spot):--holiest (of all), holy place, sanctuary.
- reverend, worthy of veneration
- of things which on account of some connection with God possess a certain distinction and claim to reverence, as places sacred to God which are not to be profaned
- of persons whose services God employs, for example, apostles
- set apart for God, to be as it were, exclusively his
- services and offerings
- prepared for God with solemn rite, pure, clean
- in a moral sense, pure sinless upright holy
Strong's Number G39 Bible Verses
- unknown, forgotten
Strong's Number G57 Bible Verses
from G58; relating to the market-place, i.e. forensic (times); by implication, vulgar:--baser sort, low.
- in, of or belonging to the market place
- frequenting the market place
- hucksters, petty traffickers, retail dealers
- idlers, loungers, the common sort, low, mean vulgar
- generally, proper to the assembly, suited to forensic speaking, business-like transactions
Strong's Number G60 Bible Verses
from G68; wild (as pertaining to the country), literally (natural) or figuratively (fierce):--wild, raging.
- living or growing in the fields or woods
- of animals, wild, savage
- of countries, wild, uncultivated, unreclaimed
- of men and animals in a moral sense, wild savage, fierce
- boorish, rude
- of any violent passion, vehement, furious
Strong's Number G66 Bible Verses
from G1 (as a negative particle) and G1349; unjust; by extension wicked; by implication, treacherous; specially, heathen:--unjust, unrighteous.
- descriptive of one who violates or has violated justice
- unrighteous, sinful
- of one who deals fraudulently with others, deceitful
Strong's Number G94 Bible Verses
from G1 (as a negative particle) and G1384; unapproved, i.e. rejected; by implication, worthless (literally or morally):--castaway, rejected, reprobate.
- not standing the test, not approved
- properly used of metals and coins
- that which does not prove itself such as it ought
- unfit for, unproved, spurious, reprobate
Strong's Number G96 Bible Verses
from G1 (as a negative particle) and G1415; unable, i.e. weak (literally or figuratively); passively, impossible:--could not do, impossible, impotent, not possible, weak.
- without strength, impotent, powerless, weakly, disabled
- unable to be done, impossible
Strong's Number G102 Bible Verses
from G1 (as a negative particle) and G2219; unleavened, i.e. (figuratively) uncorrupted; (in the neutral plural) specially (by implication) the Passover week:--unleavened (bread).
- unfermented, free from leaven or yeast
- of the unleavened loaves used in the paschal feast of the Jews
- metaph. free from faults or the "leaven of iniquity"
Strong's Number G106 Bible Verses
from G1 (as a negative particle) and a derivative of themis (statute; from the base of G5087); illegal; by implication, flagitious:--abominable, unlawful thing.
- contrary to law and justice, prohibited by law, illicit, criminal
Strong's Number G111 Bible Verses
from aix (a goat); belonging to a goat:--goat.
- of a goat, goatskin
Strong's Number G122 Bible Verses
from G165; perpetual (also used of past time, or past and future as well):--eternal, for ever, everlasting, world (began).
- without beginning and end, that which always has been and always will be
- without beginning
- without end, never to cease, everlasting
Strong's Number G166 Bible Verses
from G1 (as a negative particle) and a presumed derivative of G2508 (meaning cleansed); impure (ceremonially, morally (lewd) or specially, (demonic)):--foul, unclean.
- not cleansed, unclean
- in a ceremonial sense: that which must be abstained from according to the levitical law
- in a moral sense: unclean in thought and life
Strong's Number G169 Bible Verses
from G1 (as a negative particle) and a presumed derivative of G2767; unmixed, i.e. (figuratively) innocent:--harmless, simple.
- unmixed, pure as in wines or metals
- of the mind, without a mixture of evil, free from guile, innocent, simple
Strong's Number G185 Bible Verses
superlative of akribes (a derivative of the same as G206); most exact:--most straitest.
- exact, careful
- of the strictest sect: the most precise and rigorous in interpreting the Mosaic law, and in observing even the more minute precepts of the law and tradition
Strong's Number G196 Bible Verses
from G227; truthful:--true.
- that which has not only the name and resemblance, but the real nature corresponding to the name, in every respect corresponding to the idea signified by the name, real, true genuine
- opposite to what is fictitious, counterfeit, imaginary, simulated or pretended
- it contrasts realities with their semblances
- opposite to what is imperfect defective, frail, uncertain
- true, veracious, sincere
Strong's Number G228 Bible Verses
a primary word; "else," i.e. different (in many applications):--more, one (another), (an-, some an-)other(-s, -wise).
- another, other
Strong's Number G243 Bible Verses
from G263; "amaranthine", i.e. (by implication) fadeless:--that fadeth not away.
- composed of amaranth
- a flower so called because it never withers or fades, and when plucked off revives if moistened with water
- a symbol of perpetuity and immortality
Strong's Number G262 Bible Verses
from G264; sinful, i.e. a sinner:--sinful, sinner.
- devoted to sin, a sinner
- not free from sin
- pre-eminently sinful, especially wicked
- all wicked men
- specifically of men stained with certain definite vices or crimes 1b
- tax collectors, heathen
Strong's Number G268 Bible Verses
from G1 (as a negative particle) and a derivative of G3392; unsoiled, i.e. (figuratively) pure:--undefiled.
- not defiled, unsoiled
- free from that by which the nature of a thing is deformed and debased, or its force and vigour impaired
Strong's Number G283 Bible Verses
comparative of amphi (around); (in plural) both:--both.
- both of two, both the one and the other
Strong's Number G297 Bible Verses
from G1 (as a negative particle) and G3470; unblemished (literally or figuratively):--without blame (blemish, fault, spot), faultless, unblamable.
- without blemish
- as a sacrifice without spot or blemish
- morally: without blemish, faultless, unblameable
Strong's Number G299 Bible Verses
from G318; necessary; by implication, close (of kin):--near, necessary, necessity, needful.
- what one can not do without, indispensable
- connected by bonds of nature or friendship
- what ought according to the law of duty be done, what is required by the circumstances
Strong's Number G316 Bible Verses
things (47)man (35)aramaic (34)one (28)men (26)thing (22)mighty (17)strong (16)great (16)part (12)old (10)proud (9)than (9)man's (9)other (9)hand (8)little (8)small (8)long (8)excellent (8)more...